Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Brink of Departure

Just saying HELLO so I can say GOODBYE

I am now officially considered a PEACE CORPS TRAINEE (PCT) and have just now finished staging sessions in Miami.  There are 34 other amaaazing trainees in my training class, and I am super stoked to head to Paraguay with them at 11:20 tonight.  We actually arrive in Asunción tomorrow (Thursday) at about 4:45pm, and then orientation begins!  About half of us are Environmental Ed/Conservation (like me), and the other half are going to work in Agriculture.  I'm under the impression that we'll generally be split in half for a lot of our training in-country, so I assume that it'll be along these lines. We'll seee...

SO goodbye, United States--I already miss you all and appreciate all the texts and messages. Unfortunately I'll soon have to stop responding to them, but keep on sendin!  I'm still nervous but muuch more excited (especially with the stress of packing behind me).  I'm not sure when I'll have internet again but

LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN

No comments:

Post a Comment