Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's still not quite real yet...

Hey folks, thanks for stopping by!

Hopefully, this will be the least interesting post in the blog, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?  Thank you to everyone who came by my going away party this weekend--it was great to see you all, and although I hate saying all the goodbyes, it was a lot of fun.

I fly to Miami on Sept 27, and then to Asunción, Paraguay, on the 28th.  Training will take place in Guarambaré for the first 3 months.  I have no idea what my internet access will be like, but I'll try to keep you all as updated as possible.


In the meantime, I'm allowed to pack 80 lbs for the next 27 months.  Wish me luck, and tips on efficiency are always welcome :)

As for the blog title, I get all my most important facts from Snapple: http://realfacts.snapple.com/readyaimfarce/ (with a shout out to Brad).

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Good post. I will read almost anything that features a map. (Seriously.) And those are helpful.

    Sorry I couldn't make the party, but I had a great time with you in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see "location" change from EGV (not that it's not a delightful place--I know some nice people who come from there) to Paraguay!

    (I hope I can read this--I'm not actually a registered blood donor since they don't want me pervert blood, but I did get my gallon pin back before getting banned.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, wait, I see... I just can't duel. Well, that's actually a relief. One less thing I have to worry about when I visit. I will continue to read the blog, without guilt.

    ReplyDelete